Sharjah – the cultural capital of the Arab World
Being the third-largest emirate with an area of 2650 sq. km., Sharjah shares its southern borders with Dubai. It includes big cities that have significant economic features progressively contributing to the GDP of UAE. They are Khorfakkan City, Kalba, Dibba, Al Dhaid and Abadayerl. These cities not only signify the higher growth trajectory of Sharjah’s economy but also retain the Islamic culture.
The economy of Sharjah is highly diversified after the emergence of oil and gas reserves. It is strongly supported by the advanced infrastructure development. There are 19 major industrial areas in Sharjah which contribute around 48% of the UAE’s total industrial output. Sharjah has remarkably grown its aviation sector and it owns the Air Arabia.
Sharjah encompasses 3 major ports with a massive area of 49,588,000 square metres. These ports act as the significant global trade gate in the MENA region. The emirate has two free economic zones of UAE- SAIF Zone and the Hamriyah Free Zone. Sharjah is also becoming popular for hosting trade exhibitions. Energy, tourism, education, logistics and healthcare are the prominent economic sectors of Sharjah witnessing rapid growth in recent times.
Due to its cultural significance, Sharjah is world-famous for being an Islamic tourist attraction. Historical areas like Heart of Sharjah, Al Qasba and modern marvels like the Al Majaz Waterfront have emerged as global tourist attractions.
Refine by activity
- Agriculture & Food Sharjah
- Business Services Sharjah
- Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals & Plastics Sharjah
- Construction Sharjah
- Education, Training & Organisations Sharjah
- Electrical, Electronics & Optical Sharjah
- Energy, Environment Sharjah
- IT, Internet, R&D Sharjah
- Leisure & Tourism Sharjah
- Metals, Machinery & Engineering Sharjah
- Minerals Sharjah
- Paper, Printing, Publishing Sharjah
- Retail & Traders Sharjah
- Textiles, Clothing, Leather, Watchmaking, Jewellery Sharjah
- Transport & Logistics Sharjah