Learn about the companies from the Construction sector in UAE
United Arab Emirates
- Building industry United Arab Emirates (1591)
- Civil and marine engineering contractors United Arab Emirates (364)
- Civil engineering and building machinery and equipment United Arab Emirates (333)
- Furniture and linen United Arab Emirates (760)
- Hardware, ironmongery, cutlery and tools United Arab Emirates (511)
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration equipment United Arab Emirates (609)
- Metal constructions for the building industry United Arab Emirates (631)
- Metal pipework, valves and containers United Arab Emirates (707)
- Security equipment United Arab Emirates (541)
- Timber, wooden products, machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry United Arab Emirates (337)
The UAE government took a decision of diversifying the economy from being an oil-based one to converting into a sought-after destination for tourists from all over the world. Dubai already has become a tourist hub.
Numerous developmental projects such as ‘Dubailand’ as popping up all across the Emirates.
There are over 1,500 major freehold developments & communities in Dubai. Construction on large scale is a part of Dubai Strategic Plan 2015 unveiled by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai. This is in view of maintaining economic growth. Construction on large scale has turned Dubai into one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. There are a number of large-scale, multi-billion-dollar-worth projects which are currently under construction or will be constructed in the future.
The Construction sector has made significant contributions to the Emirates’ GDP and employment levels. The oil-rich nation has already set a benchmark with mega constructions such as Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Princess Tower, Jumeirah, 23 Marina, Emirates Office Tower and the list goes on.
Oil exports have played a very important role in rapid economic growth. All the massive constructions in the UAE showcase the power, wealth and an extreme level of civil engineering.
The hospitality and tourism sector has also seen great growth. Al Maktoum Airport and Jebel Ali Airport along with the site for Dubai Expo 2020 are some of the upcoming and ongoing projects.
Along with Dubai, the other 6 emirates are also rolling out massive construction projects.
Register yourself with Kompass to get access to our well-structured online database and avail of other services for the growth of your business.